God makes everything happen at the right time. Yet none of us can ever fully understand all he has done, and he puts questions in our minds about the past and the future.Ecclesiastes 3:11, CEV
There is a set time for everything you need. It could be today, tomorrow, next week, or next year. It takes faith to trust in God’s timing. The Scripture says that God makes everything happen at the right time. In other words, He knows the right time and we must be ready to receive.
This reminds me of what happened in the movie Facing The Giants. Mr. Bridges’ words motivated Coach Taylor to prepare his field against the Giants.
- Mr. Bridges: Two farmers desperately needed rain. And both of them prayed for rain but only one of them went out and prepared his fields to receive it. Which one do you think trusted God to send the rain?
- Coach Taylor: Well the one who prepared his fields for it.
- Mr. Bridges: Which one are you? God will send the rain when He is ready. It’s your job to prepare your field to receive it.
God will do His part and I believe He is waiting for you to make room to receive. I heard a story about a guy who needed 32″ TV from his father. His father told him that there was no space in his ( the boy) room for the TV. The father traveled one weekend and when he returned, his son had dashed out his old TV and other things to create enough space for the 32″ TV. When his dad saw his faith, he bought the TV for him the following day.
God wants you to stay in faith. He wants you to prepare your field to receive. The farmer who prepared his field believed that God will send the rain. He didn’t have to wait for a sign to believe that God would send the rain.
- How about you?
- What are the things you seek from God?
- Do you trust that God will send rain?
- Have you or Are you preparing your field, even now?
- In Mark 11:24, Jesus said “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
God will open the windows of heaven for you. He will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to store them. But the truth is you must be ready to receive. You have to prepare your field to receive His blessings.
God bless you!