and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them(Luke 2:7, NIV)
Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World. Everyone who saw Mary and The Child was happy and gave thanks to God. After 2000 years, We continue to celebrate His joyful entry into the human flesh. But what they didn’t know then, and what some people don’t know today, is that it was an impossible situation from human reasoning or perspective 9 months earlier. Therefore when you think about Christmas, think about how God made the impossible possible.
- Fast Rewind:
- Mary was minding her own business when God sent Gabriel to her with this message “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.” (Luke 1:30-33, NIV)
- Mary thought (in my own words) “C’mon! do you know what you are talking about? I am a virgin and virgins don’t conceive till they are married and have sex. This is too good to be true”.
- In today’s world, it’s rational for a virgin to think wild thoughts when a doctor tells her that she would be pregnant without (sperms from) man.
- Gabriel’s final words were: “For no word from God will ever fail.” (Luke 1:37, NIV)
- Mary believed and said “I am the Lord’s servant, may your word to me be fulfilled.” (Luke 1:38, NIV)
- The Birth of Christ:
- The word of God came to pass when Mary and Joseph saw the baby coming out. They held the baby, Who was once Spoken Word, in their hands, filled with Joy and all the Glory went back to God.
- This story has many lessons for us. Chiefly among them is the fact that God is the God of Possibilities. And the Birth of Jesus Christ should always remind us of this attribute of God.
- Final Words:
Thus when we talk about the birth of Jesus, it was once an impossible concept (mission, vision, purpose, idea, message, etc) revealed by God to a virgin (human), who believed and allowed herself to be used. She didn’t consult any physician to access the possibilities. She didn’t sleep with Joseph to help God achieve His purpose. Instead she kept it in her heart. she believed that whatever it was that made her stomach big would turn out to be what the angel had said.
I don’t know the Spoken Word you have received from God in a dream, through His word, or through His servants. It may look impossible but IT’S POSSIBLE. The same Holy Spirit Who came upon Mary for what she thought was impossible to be possible is Living on the inside of you. He is the Power of God. He made The Birth of Christ possible.
Next time you think about Christmas, look at your dreams and think about possibilities. When you pray to God, through Jesus Christ, think about possibilities. When you think about the resurrection, ascension, and reigning of Jesus Christ, think about possibilities. And be reminded (always) that this God who made all these Possible would ensure that the idea, vision, purpose, or message you have received from Him come to pass. “For no word from God will ever fail.” (Luke 1:37, NIV)