You happened to be hungry in a field . God was good to help you locate an apple tree but one thing was needed; a ladder. The fruits were beyond your reach and you could neither climb the tree. A passerby saw your desperation and decided to offer his ladder for you to plug some fruits. You got as many as you wanted and thanked him. Case Closed.
From my analogy, the fruits represent your vision, dreams, desires, targets, etc. The field is the earth and hunger your passion. The ladder represents opportunities, connections, ideas, favor, etc that come your way to help you achieve your dreams.
Everyone Needs a Ladder:
Everyone needs a Ladder to be successful. In fact, self-made billionaires got ladder(s) before reaching their respective heights. On critical point is that Ladders don’t come by themselves but they are provided or offered by Someone. You will never own a ladder but even if you do, the world changes so fast that what was good yesterday might not be relevant for today. This explains the interdependence of nations because no one has it all. We need ladder to be relevant in the world.
The Ultimate Provider of Ladder:
God is the producer of ladders but He distributes them through people and/or events. Sometimes He works through Angels. The scripture says that God “lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump” (Psalm 113:7). This uplifting is done them by providing a ladder for them to climb. Think about this, Heroes in the Bible had ladders from God.
Today, I can tell you on God’s authority that He has provided a ladder need to climb to the height he destined you to be. Take no credit for it but always recognize that every good thing you see in your life is the doing of the Lord.
Basic Requirements to hang onto God’s Ladder:
- God requires you to continue your Trust in Him, to Obey Him, and to be Humble. I see these three as the basic requirements although you could add some more.
- “Blessed [with spiritual security] is the man who believes and trusts in and relies on the Lord And whose hope and confident expectation is the Lord. ( Jeremiah 7:7, AMP)
- Behold, today I am setting before you a blessing and a curse— the blessing, if you listen to and obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I am commanding you today (Deut 11:26-27)
- Humble yourselves [with an attitude of repentance and insignificance] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up, He will give you purpose]. (James 4:10, AMP)
What if you do otherwise:
- Thus says the Lord, “Cursed is the man who trusts in and relies on mankind, Making [weak, faulty human] flesh his strength, And whose mind and heart turn away from the Lord. (Jeremiah 17:7, AMP)
- “Behold, today I am setting before you a blessing and a curse— and the curse, if you do not listen to and obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following (acknowledging, worshiping) other gods which you have not known. (Deut 11:26,28, AMP)
- Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18, AMP)
When God removes His Ladder:
God isn’t in business of removing ladders but when He removes His ladder, the consequences are dire. Take a look at the photo below and consider what would happen if the other guy removes the ladder?
Again, God isn’t in the business of removing ladders but if you give Him the reason(s) to, He would. David recognized what could become of him if God removed His ladder so he prayed “Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me”. Nebuchadnezzar went to the forest for 7 years, Moses missed the promised land, the Kingdom was taken from Saul’s family, Israel went into captivity, etc.
Friend everything you desire to achieve is within reach. As you have thought about, It Is Possible. However, your prolong success depends on how tight you hold to Him; Trust Him, Obey Him, and Humble yourself in all things. He will do you good. Bless you!