Everybody wants to do great things right? I bet you want to leave a mark on this generation. You want to push as far as you could, in order to achieve your purpose in life. But how do you know if what you are fighting for is what God intended for you?
This post will focus on understanding God’s purpose for your life and His promises that can be trusted.
God determined Your Purpose:
I hear people say: “this is what i want to achieve in life”, more like they own their lives. This leads to frustration because they don’t determine their purpose. Toyota manufactures saloon cars for a purpose and 4WD for another purpose. If a saloon car wants to do what 4WD does, I guess you know what happens?
God had unique idea when He thought about you. That’s why you aren’t here by accident…and that’s why you are alive today. It’s not about what you want to do to please yourself, family and friends, but about what He created you to do.
Here is what the scripture has to say about the origin of y(our) purpose:
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)
- Before you were born, your assignment was determined. God set you apart for specific purpose, which no other human being can achieve. I believe that’s why your DNA is distinct and nobody can be like you.
- “for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose” (Philippians 2:13, NIV)
- Because He decided what your purpose is, He inspires you to work in ways in order to fulfill that purpose.
- “And now the Lord speaks— the one who formed me in my mother’s womb to be his servant, who commissioned me to bring Israel back to him. The Lord has honored me, and my God has given me strength.” (Isaiah 49:5, NLT)
Your constant fellowship with God will help you understand His thoughts for your life, and the best way to live your life in order to achieve His purpose.
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.(Psalm 139:16, NIV)
All the days of your life were recorded in His book before a single day came to past. This should be the premise on which you begin your day…that God has you covered. Things would happen just as He has planned.
The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.(Psalm 32:8, NLT)
The next point is that since He knows how your daily life is going to be, He guides you along the best pathway. No wonder the Apostle said “In all things give thanks“.
He not only designed your purpose, but also play active role by guiding your daily steps, advising on tough decisions, and watching over you.
The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.”(Jeremiah 1:12, NIV)
For the Lord of hosts has decided and planned, and who can annul it? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?(Isaiah 14:27)
Finally, He monitors to ensure that every word He spoke is fulfilled. Hallelujah! No one can stand against Him so what He has declared about your life shall come to pass.
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.(2 Corinthians 1:20, NIV)
To be continued…