But remember this—the wrong desires that come into your life aren’t anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it, for he has promised this and will do what he says. He will show you how to escape temptation’s power so that you can bear up patiently against it.(1 Corinthians 10:13, TLB)
As long as you live in this body, you are going to be dragged away by your own lust and enticed. Here are 3 Facts about temptations you face:
- “Many others faced exactly the same problems before” you:
- Thus if you find yourself struggling with intense sexual and/or other desires, know that someone (people before you) went through same and won. That’s why it’s important to talk to your confidants about areas of weakness so that they can support you in prayer.
- No Temptation is Irresistible:
- It’s possible to resist the attraction and Say No to pressure from unholy desires. This truth can help you triumph over Satan’s strategies geared toward swaying you from God’s way.
- God will Help you:
- Because you live in the Flesh, it’s impossible to say that you won’t be tempted.
- However, you can trust God to help you out.
- God has many ways of helping you to overcome temptation. For instance as you are about yielding to the temptation, your phone rings. You checked and it’s someone you least expected to call you that time.
- Often there is kinda little distraction that pop up to cause you to pause for a while. At that time, you will hear thoughts urging you to stop.
Alright! as you enjoy your day, know that Satan will tempt you. But that temptation isn’t going to be anything new from the norm. Secondly, recognize that you have power to resist the pressure. Finally Be sensitive to God’s exit doors of escape as He is always available to provide supports to help you win.