Let all that I am praise the Lord, For He is good and His unfailing Love endures forever. Hallelujah!
I want to share three reasons why you should Trust, or Keep Trusting in God. But before that lets look at the danger of trusting in man.
- Danger of Trusting in Man:
This is what the Lord says:(Jeremiah 17:5-6, NLT)
“Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, in an uninhabited salty land.
- Trusting in man is a dangerous trap because;
- It leads to headache, heartache, disappointment and breeds worry and anxiety.
- You could end up worshiping human because of what you perceive him/her to do for you in the present and/or future.
- Your heart (hope) shifts away from God to humans.
- You will be under a curse as your life is pegged to that person instead of God
- It could also lead to slavery because you always want to be in his/her good books.
- The human heart is most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked.
Therefore if you have trusted man, or are in the process of trusting any human, BEWARE. It might look good/okay in the present but as the saying goes; “there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch (TANSTAAFL)“.
Having said the dangers of trusting in man, permit me to take you through THREE REASONS why you should TRUST IN GOD.
- He Gives Freely:
- There is no quid pro quo, or a favor for a favor, with God. He doesn’t bless you because He expects you to do something in return. After all, He created everything before making man to signify that He is Self Sufficient.
- Romans 8:32 says He will freely give us all things because He didn’t spare His own Son
- When you Trust Him with your Life, Vision, Purpose, Needs, etc, you can be sure that He will freely give you the Life you want, direct you along the best path to achieve your Purpose, and provide every need.
- You will never be disgraced:
- “As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” (Romans 10:11, NLT)
- When you trust in Him, He guards His integrity, Carefully making sure that you are well nourished and refreshed. You become fruitful in all seasons.
- Sometimes when you feel like it’s over, suddenly He shows up with miracle
- You will lack no good thing:
- “Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.” (Psalm 34:10, NLT)
- There is one rich man who trust in his wealth yet his monies can’t solve his failing health. And there is another who Trust in God and He is being blessed with good health to enjoy his wealth.
- When you Trust in God, He is concerned about every detail of your life. His angels keep watch over you, ensuring that there is no gap in your relationship with God.
In this year, make a commitment to TRUST in the Lord with all Your Heart because He gives Freely, you will never be disgraced, and you will lack no good thing in Life. God bless you