Misplaced priority is real. There people who seem to get everything right but when you observe closely, you would notice that they are missing the main thing. They fail to Keep First Things First.
What are the First Things in your Life?
In 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey talked about the importance of putting First Things First in our lives. That is Highly Effective People focus on what is truly important (first) in their lives. Our inability to do that leads to waste of resources, including time.
In our lives, considering the brevity of it, keeping God First would put every other thing in right perspective because He preordained our days and knows how to orchestrate us to where He destined us to be.
3 Reasons You should Keep God First:
- He is your Creator:
- God is your manufacturer and knows how you can optimize the gifts he placed in you. He also knows how to make you efficient and effective with respect to TIME. Instead of trying to figure things your own, by tight scheduling yourself, create space for Him to Operate in your life
- He knows where you are going
- More like setting your navigation system before setting off for a journey. It directs your path and tells you “You have reached your destination” when you get to your destination. This is man-made device.
- God directs your path to the final destination He planned before your birth. When He leads, your path is cleared and your destination is certain. You can say like Jesus said that “It is Finished” Or like Paul “I have finished the race“
- You will be rewarded
- One beautiful thing about God is that He rewards those who keep Him First in their lives.
- Matthew 6: 33 (TLB) says “he will give them to you if you give him first place in your life and live as he wants you to.”
- “Delight yourself in the Lord, And He will give you the desires and petitions of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4, AMP)
Enjoy Your God First SEASON. You would never regret you did. Be blessed