For there is hope for a tree—if it’s cut down, it sprouts again and grows tender, new branches. (Job 14:7, TLB emphasis added)
I want to talk about Little by Little; How you can begin again if you have been hit by storms of life.
I was trying to access how Man and Trees behave in the face of setback(s). It’s interesting because man is supposed to live the Higher life, in the world of possibilities, with the help of the Holy Spirit. BUT it seems man is living another kind of life where he gives up when “tough” challenge comes his way. A closer look at how tree and man react:
- Plants’ Reaction to Challenge(s):
- In Genesis 2, the bible says that 2 things were needed before any plant of the field was in the earth. The first was Rain, and the second Man.
- Water is therefore very necessary for plant growth.
- When a tree is cut down and its roots grows old, with stump decaying, it believes that once it gets water it will sprout again.
- Job 14:9 says that “at the scent of water it will bud and bring forth branches like a plant” (NKJV)
- MAN’s Reaction to Challenge(s) in Life:
- “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7, NKJV)
- Man became a living being after receiving God’s breath, just as plants began to grow after receiving water.
- In sum, Man needs God’s spirit to function. Our heroes were clothed with God’s Spirit to do mighty works.
- In our Era, Man has the holy spirit living on the inside of him. Which means that God’s power is made available to face any challenge.
- YET in the face of challenge, Man forgets about who he is: the result is FRET and FLEE. Man loses hope because he searches his (outside) environment for answers when he should be searching inside
- Storms of Life:
- Storms of life are inevitable. It’s either you are in one, or preparing for another. They are like promotional exam which can’t be skipped if you want to be promoted. If you aren’t very careful, the enemy would make you believe that you are alone. The truth, however, is that everyone faces storms.
- I believe that plants (Trees) don’t wish to be cut down as they like enjoying sunshine, water, and air. Recently when I visited botanical gardens, I loved the scenery as the trees showed forth their beauty.
- Trees want to live but sometimes strong wind and rain and/or human activities try to cut their lives short. They may loose their beauty and are often left with decaying stumps or dying roots.
- Yet at the scent of rain, they start growing again, little by little. You may not see many leaves at start but from the first leave, it keeps adding up little by little. Trees have hope.
Friend, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and He lives in you. He doesn’t want to be dormant but very active energizer or Fertilizer.
Maybe you have been hit by storms of life (fired from work, sickness, debt, divorce, disappointment, etc) and you are the verge of giving up on your dreams. Remember that you are fastened to the rock which can’t move and the Spirit of God just wants you to begin again, with the little strength, resources, or time you have left. Little by little, He will help you. Little by Little, it shall be well. Just as the rain causes the Tree to grow again, The Holy Spirit will cause you to grow beyond your imagination.