Everyone has something to deal with, right? at least one thing, a thorn that is stuck in the flesh, that saps your energy. Sometimes you wish that you never had them but it is what it is.
What have you been dealing with in your life? You may not be proud about it and probably knock yourself hard. Hey! calm down because I have been there before. And dozens of people have been through what you are dealing with.
I remember the many times I woke up in the morning, with tears running down my cheeks hoping I never had to do that. My story was a bit complicated because I had multiple addictions. But I will focus on energy drinks today.
The desire to have at least once daily was strong. I know the names of-head; Lucozade, Red bull, Blue Jeans, Monster, Rockstar, Boost, etc. I would have two to three cups of black coffee in a day, and topped it up with my can(s) of energy drink. Did I need extra energy for anything? No. It was just a habit I had developed and it was weighing me down. I knew too much Caffeine wasn’t good for my health but I couldn’t help it till I made a firm stand to replace that habit with good one.
- Broader View of Addiction
Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself. (1 Cor 6:19, NLT)
Being addicted to negative behavior(s) has effect on the body. And the scripture says that your body is God’s temple. God needs people for his assignments on earth and your body is an instrument through which He can operate. The enemy knows this too so his smart move is to entice you into doing things that will either destroy your body or make body unworthy for God’s assignment.
- 3 ways Addiction impacts you:
- It destroys your body, which is God’s temple: Addictive behavior(s) gradually affect your physical health and spiritual being.
- It distracts you from your main purpose: That is Energy and resources needed to be highly productive is wasted on dealing with guilt and repairs. Your focus will gradually shift from what’s truly important.
- It distant you from God. That is you tend to feel unqualified to be in His presence. The wider the gap, the more vulnerable you become.
Therefore its not just about the bottles of alcohol, or boxes of chocolate, or grams of sugar, or quantity of caffeine, or number of smoke, or sex, or porn, or gossip, drug, etc but its about how satan wants to destroy your precious body.
- What happens when you destroy God’s temple?
God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple. (1 Cor 3:17, NLT)
In my next post, I will talk about three things you can do to help curb satan’s ways/tricks to destroy your body. God bless you