Could He have saved Himself? Yes, but He chose to do otherwise. The shame, beating, spitting, mocking, the CROSS, etc couldn’t stop Him from sacrificing His Life for us. It was LOVE that held Him to the Cross.
Jesus said that “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13, KJV) Nothing could quantify the depth of His Love for you.
Three things to consider about His Love:
- He chose to be man in order to understand our nature (by dealing with things we face as human). The scripture says He was tempted in various ways yet he didn’t sin.
- He chose to be poor so that we can become rich.
- He chose to die so that we can be bought back to God.
Genuine Love is about Sacrifice and Jesus gave up all to show how much He loved us when we least deserved it. Seeing how Jesus loves you,
- How have you sacrificed your Life to LIVE for Jesus?
- Do you seek God’s interest in the things you do?
- How about your neighbor, do you love him/her as much you do to yourself?
The world celebrates LOVE today. We can seize this opportunity to demonstrate our Love for God, and our neighbors. Yeah! that person who doesn’t deserve your LOVE. Don’t forget that Jesus Christ did it when we least deserved it. It’s all about LOVE
It’s important to note that your love for God and man will be tested daily, and how to pass this test is to learn to:
- Be thankful to God for everything (that comes your way)
- Be merciful to your neighbor (regardless of what he/she does.)
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ (Mark 12:30, NIV)
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35, NIV)