The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. (John 10:10, NLT).
(See also 1 Peter 5:8)
Satan isn’t omnipresent so he works with his demons. These guys are responsible for all the evils we see in our cities, countries, and other parts of the world. 1 John 5:19 says the world around us is under the control of the evil one. The good news for us is Jesus holds us securely and Satan cannot touch us. (1 John 5:18). He will try but he will fail.
One truth you should take note of is when the enemy can’t touch you, he attacks people around you. Remember 1 John 5:19 says the world around us is under the control of the evil one. In other words, people who aren’t in Jesus Christ are under the control of Satan. Some of these people are dearer to our hearts. We love them, we care for them, and we want the best for them. Some of the people around us may also not be strong in the Lord. These are the people Satan will attack because he knows when he attacks them the result will affect us in some way.
Haven’t you realised that he is using our political leaders to make laws that affect Christians all over the world?
Friend, we have power to function in the Name of Jesus. James 5:16 says the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. Our prayer in the Name of Jesus is powerful and effective so when we pray for these people, we will get the result(s) we need.
Praying for other people works. In the Bible, Abraham prayed for Lot and his family, Moses prayed for the Children of Israel, Jesus prayed for His disciples, and for those who will believe in His Name, and the church prayed for Peter when he was arrested by Herod.
I want to encourage you not to give up on praying for; that child who has gone astray, that person you want to win for Jesus Christ, your family, friends, political leaders, Christians all over the world who are suffering from various attacks every day, your country, your business, etc.
Satan’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. It is true that he wants some to devour BUT our prayer can stop him from attacking vulnerable people.
- The Enemy of Your Soul (upliftingchrist.wordpress.com)
- The Enemy cannot touch You (upliftingchrist.wordpress.com)
Your message gives us so much Hope, Uplifting Christ , we do not as you said have to fear the Devil, God protects our souls , Jesus tells us we will be hated and persucted and some of us will even be martyed as they are already in some Countries today but He will keep us strong till the end…. how wonderful is our Lord! God knows those who are His.
I was wondering Uplifting Christ if it would be ok to share some questions with you, they are not all that I have but like the rest they are worth pondering on, so I thought I would share them with you and others. They are based on something I often hear which is…. ” We will sin till we die but it’s ok because we are forgiven even if not said some believe this… why are they not Trusting in what God tells us.
It’s your choice Uplifting Christ if you answer these questions, you may choose to respond in your own way through your Posts as you have done before. Thank you for listening.
1. If we are to reckon ourselves dead to sin, should we continue saying that we can and do sin when we are in Christ Jesus? ( Romans 6:11) as a man thinks in his heart, so he does! and God tells us no temptation will be greater than we can bear……..
2. If God asks us to be perfect as He is but not what the world thinks, do you think it’s impossible and if so does this mean that what He asks of us is not really attainable ? ( Matthew 5:48 ) (1 John 4:17-19 )
3. If it is our Sin Nature that causes us to sin by polluting our spirit and we put it to death by The Spirit, ( Romans 8:13 ) ( Galatians5 ) does this mean we can no longer sin as the Scriptures tell us in (1John3:9)
4. God asks us to walk as Jesus walked (1 John 2:4-6 ) and He walked in Love without sinning and when we are Born again of God’s seed or Nature, (1John3:9) and Jesus lives in us ? and He dose not choose to sin, so do we? (1Corinthians 2:16 )
5. If we ask for God’s wisdom as He asks us to do, ( Proverbs 4:7 ) because in the flesh we all lack it, we were not born with it, so we are to seek after it, do we then doubt that we or others have received it and if we do, are we saying that God does not do what He says and so we are calling Him a liar ?(James 1: 4-6)
My Mother has had a stroke Uplifting Christ as you know , thank you for your prayers, I’m going to Sydney to see her, I leave tomorrow , I’m staying down there from two weeks to a month, I will be in touch when I get back, you will be in my thoughts and Prayers. I’m going to pray for all my Blogging friends on the plane to Sydney and on the return, however the Spirit leads.
Christian Love from both of us -Anne
Safe Journey Anne.
I will respond to your questions in my future messages.
God bless you for your prayers. I
Thank you Uplifting Christ, I remember now this Message from you and your well wishes, as you said we are never alone God is with us, He protects our soul, Satan although he can cause us physical pain, lie to us and put us to the test, even to death as he did Jesus, Paul, Peter and many other Christians who have been Martyred throughout the ages or will be, he cannot rob us of the free gift of Salvation when we have heart repentance and so are united with Christ Jesus, this is also why we can’t commit the unforgivable sin because it is rejecting Jesus to our deaths even knowing Him to be God’s Son who died for us, how can we be forgiven or be brought back to repentance if we fall away by doing this, Jesus is the only way to be forgiven and saved.
I believe now Mum was like I was for my first 30 years of my life, although I did know Jesus in a childlike way as my friend when I was very young but after being deceived I became an Atheist in my head but not my heart or you would not be reading this now, thankfully Jesus rescued me. When we are Christians in our heart we will show by our Loving actions that we are, or our Lord, Lord will just be empty words, this does not mean we won’t grieve, feel upset or even get angry but we will seek God for His counsel and Trust in Him to work it all out for good and so we will not grieve as the world does because we have His eternal Hope.
Christian Love – Anne.